Were all but shut down now, Albanese and Lutzke's construction crew has gone home for the winter and the staff here is just doing final leaf clean up at The Inn at Perry Cabin. We're hoping to get rolling on the last 4 holes (18, 1, 2, and 5), two putting greens and the driving range late February weather dependent.
My plan for the next few weeks is to showcase the work we completed this fall in stages, starting with the greens grow in.
|Sand being put in on top of gravel base on 12 green|
|Gravel being added into 16 green drain lines|
Because of this we had to put a lot of amendments down to give the seed something to grab onto when it germinated. The delay in seeding came because we had to put the amendments down, incorporate them into the top couple inches, let them sit there a week, then send a soil sample off to see if we needed to adjust our rates. It was a worth while wait since we found out we had to double some of our rates to encourage growth.
|Drain lines being cut into 17 green|
|Water on 17 green|
|Scar left from pump fault|
|Left to right- 3 weeks, 5 weeks, 7 weeks|
We gave greens 6-11 there first cut on December 13th at 0.3500, 7 weeks post germination. 6 days later you could see the greens start to grow together and I could no longer pull out individual plants, when you tugged on the leaf tissue you would pull out about a 6" strip.
The greens that were seeded later (12-15 and 17) are lagging behind that schedule but coming in nicely. They have about 1.5" of roots but there hasn't been much activity in the last 2-3 weeks due to the temperature and the fact we haven't been able to apply and Fertilizer. We covered all the greens with permeable covers last Friday. I'm looking forward to getting the greens rolled out smooth next spring and hoping the covers help everything fill in during early spring.
|Covers on 16 and 17 green|