Sunday, May 1, 2016

New Job, New City, New Degree

The last few months have been jam packed with big life changing events, I accepted a new job, finished school, and changed cities and states.

In January I began my second and final semester at Rutgers Professional Golf Turf Management School and graduated in March with a 3.85 GPA. This second semester was very informative for me as we went over topics like budgeting, insect ID, professionalism in the work place, and when and how to use covers when growing in seed. I had the opportunity to write my own chemical and labor budget as well as a cover letter to go with the numbers. I really enjoyed that process and feel that it will be beneficial for me in the future.

The day after graduation my wife and I packed up and moved an hour and a half east to our new home in Easton Maryland.

I'm proud to announce that I am now the Assistant Superintendent of Talbot Country Club. I'm very excited to continue my learning experience and sharpen my skills as a turf professional under the tutelage of a Superintendent who has been at this club for nearly 30 years. The adjustment from Superintendent to Assistant Superintendent has been a little bumpy for me but I'm settling and feel like i'm in a good groove. We chose to make the career move to give me more experience and expand the potential job opportunities available to us in the future. The opportunity to work under someone who has spent more time at this club than I've been alive was a huge bonus.


Par 3 Finishing hole at Talbot Country Club
We love our new home and new town, my wife and daughter have had fun exploring as have my daughter and I.

Emma and I having fun at the park
I'm really looking forward to the next year, TCC has some really cool things planned I'm looking forward to being a part of them and writing about the process. I'll try to keep the blog updated more regularly now that things have settled down some and I'm back into a normal routine.

2 comments: