Tuesday, September 6, 2016

New Season New Course

As summer comes to an end so does my time at Talbot CC. I learned a lot through the Fairway renovation and overall had an enjoyable experience. Having cut my teeth on a Bermuda renovation I'm excited to put my Rutgers training to the test on a full Bentgrass renovation.

I have accepted the position of First Assistant at Harbourtowne Golf and Resort. Harbourtowne is undergoing a full renovation with Golf Course Architect Pete Dye and his son PB Dye. The course is currently closed for the renovations and hopes to open in Spring of 2018. I'm very excited to have the opportunity to be a part of such a spectacular design team and learn from them and my Superintendent Mike Miller.

Moving forward I hope to post pictures of each of the holes from shaping to seeding and grow in. I'm going to begin with the Par 3 7th because it is one of my favorite holes and has such great character.

The Par 3 7th is a Biarritz hole design, meaning the green has a large "valley" in the center of it separating the putting surfaces (to see The Greenbriars Biarritz hole click here and here). The hole plays along the water catering errant shots. To the left of the green are pot bunkers and a "valley" created by building the green on a plateau. I can't wait to get seed in the ground and start growing this hole in.
Par Three as seen from the Tips 

The green being shaped, seen from the front left corner.

Looking back towards the tee. 

Side shot of the Biarritz Green, seen from 8 Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment